Podcasts

Check out my latest podcast appearances and see everything in the works by clicking here!

SKC Shop

COMING SOON!

Know Thy Writer

Greetings and salutations! Just like me, this portion of the blog is a work in progress. Stay tuned...

The Skeleton Key Chronicles was born from a lifelong fascination with mysterious and sometimes macabre subject matter along with a love or research. So come along and check out some of my latest offerings, or as my dear Grandmother used to say, ” Step into my parlor, said the spider to the fly.”

Be sure to check out The Skeleton Key Chronicles on Facebook for your daily true crime fix. I post often and detail some of the most compelling cases in the news that are piquing my interest.

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Cover for The Skeleton Key Chronicles
163
The Skeleton Key Chronicles

The Skeleton Key Chronicles

The Skeleton Key Chronicles is your daily source for curated true crime, apocalyptic culture and other curious content.💀🗝🖤

A new pink memorial honoring Athena Strand now stands at Bobo’s Crossing in Wise County, near the creek and bridge where the 7-year-old was found in 2022.

The memorial was built by local landscaper Zaylen Bell after Athena’s mother made a social media post asking for help creating something lasting in her daughter’s memory. Family members, volunteers, and local businesses also helped bring the project to life.

Photos from the site show pink flowers, stuffed animals, handwritten notes, painted stones, and other items meant to reflect Athena’s personality and the things she loved. The memorial surrounds the original cross that had been placed there after she was discovered.

Its completion comes shortly after Tanner Horner was sentenced to death in the case. Horner, a former FedEx driver, pleaded guilty earlier this month before jurors ultimately handed down the sentence after testimony in Tarrant County.

Since 2022, Bobo’s Crossing has become closely tied to the case for people across Texas and beyond. Now, Athena’s family and supporters hope the memorial gives people a place to remember her life instead.

Details👇
See MoreSee Less

A new pink memorial

A new age-progressed image has just been released in one of New Hampshire’s longest-running missing child cases, and investigators believe someone may still know exactly what happened.

Laureen Rahn was 14 years old when she disappeared from her apartment on Merrimack Street in Manchester, New Hampshire during the overnight hours of April 26 into April 27, 1980. Laureen’s mother had gone out of town with a friend while Laureen stayed home. When she returned around 1:15 a.m., she reportedly found the back door wide open and the front door unlocked. Inside the apartment, one of Laureen’s friends was asleep in Laureen’s bed, but Laureen herself was gone.

Police later said Laureen had left behind all of her belongings, including clothing and money, and there were no signs of a struggle inside the apartment. Her friend reportedly told investigators the two had been drinking earlier that night and that Laureen had taken a pillow and blanket to sleep on the couch before disappearing. Authorities believe she may have left the apartment expecting to return shortly because none of her personal items were taken with her.

Now, 46 years later, New Hampshire investigators say they are revisiting the case with modern forensic tools that did not exist in 1980, including advanced DNA testing and updated evidence analysis techniques. A newly released age-progressed image is also being shared in hopes someone recognizes her today.

Investigators are specifically asking to hear from anyone who lived near 289 Merrimack Street in April 1980, along with former classmates, friends, or anyone who may have crossed paths with Laureen during that time. After nearly half a century, investigators still believe someone has information that could finally explain what happened inside that apartment building that night.

Details👇
See MoreSee Less

A new age-progressed

There’s been another development in the Florida case involving Joseph Duggar, who was charged earlier this year in connection with allegations tied to a 2020 family trip. An arraignment hearing was held yesterday, though Duggar did not show up in person. His attorney entered a not guilty plea on his behalf during the hearing.

Court filings also show that on May 17th, Duggar’s attorney asked the judge to modify the conditions of his pretrial release so he could have unsupervised contact with his biological children while the case moves forward. His next court date is currently scheduled for July.

These charges are separate from another case filed earlier this year in Arkansas involving both Joseph Duggar and his wife, Kendra. According to court records filed in Washington County, Arkansas on March 20, 2026, the couple is facing multiple charges connected to the welfare of children.

People familiar with that situation have also been sharing additional claims online, including reports that investigators may have discovered concerning conditions during a home inspection. Some of those same claims mention padlocks on bedroom doors, though authorities have not publicly confirmed those details.

Details👇
See MoreSee Less

There’s been anoth
Load more

Join 124.9K other subscribers